Monday, August 22, 2011

Carly, 11, at The Scripps Performing Arts Academy Intermediate Intensive


Carly in ballet class during the Intensive


After waiting all summer for these two awesome summer intensive weeks to come, they had finally arrived. I was looking forward to putting my ballet shoes on again and dancing with my friends. This was my second year of summer intensive, and I knew I would be learning so many more new skills.

What I really love about summer intensive is that I get to learn a variety of dancing styles that expand my knowledge of dance. There was a little bit of everything such as modern, jazz, choreography, pre point practice, pilates, and of course ballet.

Carly during the Showcase performance
It is sadly now the end of the two weeks, and my body feels so much stronger and I am far more confident in my dancing. I loved all the teachers and how supportive they were to me and my dancing friends. Because of summer intensive I am ready and prepared for my fall classes. I can’t wait for summer intensive next year. I will definitely be coming back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment